Merina is at my Mum’s today (shes known as Granny Meow meow-she has two cats!) shes also staying the night in Granny meow meows new bunk bed room! So one child down its been so relaxed, Lula is a piece of pie compared to her Sister! This afternoon I went to our local Co-op and the boy behind the counter said “Your on the cover of that magazine your Mum was in earlier showing everyone in the shop!” That’s not at all embarrassing is it!
Vegetable fitters and home made hummus is so easy and sooo tasty you could make them as a snack, kids tea or as party nibbles!
- 1 tin of drained chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt
- Traditionally add 1 tbsp sesame oil but I never do and it tastes great!
Ingredients for the fritters
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1 oz plain flour
- 1 oz cornflour
- 75 ml cold water
- 3 tbsp of tinned sweetcorn
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- You can use other vegetables instead. These do taste great!
- Put all the ingredients for the hummus into to a blender and blend until creamy. That’s it done! You can store this for 3 days in your fridge.
- For the fritters beat the egg, flour, cornflour with the water in bowl until it makes a smooth batter.
- Chop the spinach and put it into a bowl with the sweetcorn add the batter mix to it and stir together.
- Using a slotted spoon spoon out about a 1 tbsp of the mix at a time and fry them in batches of 3 in a hot frying pan in the oil for 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on kitchen towel. Serve with the hummus. Delicious!