Ahhhh I’m so busy I spend all day running from school, pre school, baby clubs, home, wash, tidy, lunch, back to school, on to another club, dinners, baths, story, organising for the next day, try and spend five minutes with Glen and then I crash! Wow life in the fast lane!
After school snacks is where I’m at. These are beyond good. I ate three just out the oven they where great and my kids loved them. They are super duper quick…..so even if you only a few spare minutes make these and look like super mum at the school gates!
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- marmite to spread
- 2 good handfuls of grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 220 c.
- Grease a large baking tray.
- Roll out pastry into rectangle on a lightly floured base (Or buy it ready rolled, I did!)
- Spread a thin layer of marmite all over the pastry leaving a 1cm gap at the edges
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese. Brush the beaten egg around all the edges.
- Roll tightly like a Swiss roll width ways not length ways.
- Cut into 2cm thick rolls it may get squashed by cutting but reshape them into rounds with end of a Sharpe knife.
- Place them on the greased baking sheet.
- Cook for 10/12 minutes until pastry risen and golden browned. Serve! Yummy!!