Today I did a surprise baby shower for my super friend Hayley, she was very surprised and happy! She has three weeks to go…….!
So I spent yesterday baking fairy cakes. I’d forgotten what easy fun they are and so pretty when stacked on a cake stand. Buy cake glitter from Hobby Craft or similar craft places to make iced fairy cakes look even more pretty for birthdays or expectant mummy’s!
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 4 oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz self raising flour
- Pre heat the oven to 180 c.
- Cream the fat and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in the eggs slowly until completely combined.
- Fold in the flour until you have a soft smooth mixture.
- Spoon into cup cases, prettier the better! Only 2/3 fill so when cooked they don’t over flow.
- Cook for 10/15 minutes until golden and risen.
- Decorate with coloured icing and edible glitter. Perfect!