This is so much festive fun. Its gingerbread men turned upside down and decorated! My kids Merina, Tallulah and River loved doing them, it kept them entertained for ages. Good fun for the whole family. Make yours tomorrow and let me know how it goes, I’d love to see some pictures, Gemma X X
- 12oz/350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125g/ 4.5oz butter
- 175g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup.
- icing to decorate
- Smarties for the noses!
- Mix together flour, bicarb, ginger, cinnamon in a food mixer (or by hand)
- Add the butter and mix until it looks like bread crumbs
- Add the sugar, mix
- Add the egg and golden syrup and mix until it starts to clump together.
- Take it out and knead the dough together, chill in the fridge for 15 mins in cling film.
- heat the oven 180c/Gas 4
- Take out the dough and roll out to 1/2cm or 1/4″ thick
- Use your gingerbread men cutters and put them on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper leaving a gap between them.
- Bake until turning golden brown about 10-15 mins.
- Decorate them upside down to make the most fun reindeer you can think of!