How is Christmas nearly here? I feel I haven’t got time to do half the Christmasy things I wanted to do! But I have managed to make this funcraft with the kids and they loved it.
We think they look quite good, plus they are a sweet keep sake of their hand prints. Make some with your kids and I’d love to know how it goes. Love Gemma xx
Basically use one measure of flour and then half that amount for the salt and the water. I used the following measures;
What you’ll need;
- 225g/ 8 oz plain flour
- 112g/ 4 oz table salt
- 100ml/4 fluid oz water
- Heat oven to 100c.
- Mix the flour and salt together. Add the water slowly until it combines into a soft dough.
- Kneed and roll out the dough to 1/2cm thick. Cut with cookie cutters or as I did print their hands or feet in. Use a straw to cut a small hole in to hang it with.
- Bake on a grease proof paper lined baking tray in the middle of the oven for 4 hours until hard.
- Leave to cool/harden
- Paint with acrylic paints, leaving to dry between coats. Draw on faces or stick on glitter when the final coat has dried.
- String ribbon through the holes and hang on your tree! Enjoy x x