Bread is my new favourite thing to make.
It’s a lot easier than it seems. My kids love it, some times it feels hard keeping 4 kids fed! It’s never a bad thing to have some fresh bread ready when they get home from school.
Ingredients for making 2 loaves;
- 560g strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp of your favourite herbs
- 2 1/2 tsp quick yeast
- 330ml of tepid water
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and pour in the water, combine with a fork until it forms a dough.
- The dough is meant to be a little sticky/wet. knead the dough on a surface for at least 10 minutes. If it’s too sticky add a tiny amount of flour to surface. (The more flour you add the heavier your bread will be so add it sparingly.)
- Put the dough into a greased bowl with olive oil and cover. leave it to proof for about an hour or until its double the size.
- Take it out and knead it again for about 5 minutes.
- This recipe makes 2 loaves or you can make the rolls I made or you can make even smaller rolls as a tear n share loaf.
- Cut the dough in half and then each half into 8 pieces. Grease 2 tins and put 8 of the dough rolls in each tin with a small gap between them.
- Cover and leave to proof for another 30 minutes. Then sprinkle flour on the top.
- Bake at 180c for 30minutes or until golden brown. When the breads cooked it should make a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom!